Compassion And Dedicated Advocacy When You've Suffered A Spinal Cord Injury
While some people may ultimately recover from a spinal cord injury to a certain extent, there is no "cure" for the effects of spinal cord injuries. Most people suffer this type of injury as the result of an accident. If this has happened to you, you may be able to file a personal injury claim and hold whoever was responsible for your accident accountable.
At Vititoe Law Group, in Southern California, our spine injury lawyers understand how much your life can be affected by any spinal cord injury. We will guide you through the process of filing a personal injury claim. We will assemble a team tailored to your needs and situation, sometimes partnering with other law firms, to give you the best representation possible. We have extensive experience in handling spinal cord injury cases and will work diligently to obtain maximum compensation on your behalf.
The most common cause of spinal cord injuries is auto accidents. Because of the way a body can be thrown around in a car crash, permanent damage can easily be done to the spine. While some injuries are recognized right away, others may get worse with time. Results can include forms of nerve damage and paralysis such as paraplegia and quadriplegia.
Unparalleled Service And Effective Advocacy
Our attorneys consult with your doctors and other medical experts to determine the full impact of the damage done to you and how it will affect the rest of your life. We use this information to evaluate the damages and pursue all avenues of compensation to cover the losses you have suffered as a result of your injuries.
These losses often include:
- Medical bills: Victims of a spinal cord injury often require extensive hospitalization.
- Medical equipment: Those who have suffered a spinal injury may require equipment to manage their condition and improve their mobility and independence.
- Renovations: If the victim is confined to a wheelchair, his or her home will likely require extensive — and expensive — renovations.
- Lost wages: Often, spinal cord injury victims are no longer able to work in their chosen profession. Compensation for lost wages can help them maintain financial stability.
- Emotional distress: A spinal cord injury represents a serious disruption of the victim's lifestyle, relationships and future plans.
To us, the most important result is for you to have the best quality of life after your accident.
Contact Our Lawyers To Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, our attorneys can help you pursue compensation for your ongoing medical expenses. To schedule a free consultation, call 818-851-1886 or contact us online. We have offices in Westlake Village, Los Angeles and Oxnard, we can also arrange to meet you in your home or hospital room.