If you are injured due to the negligence of another person or entity, you may not feel the need for consulting an experienced personal injury attorney. You may think that your medical insurance is adequate to pay for the costs. You may be worried about the cost of a lawyer. The responsible party’s insurance company may have convinced you that their offer is the best possible or, at least, adequate.
When you are injured in an accident, the other party’s insurance company will waste no time contacting you and asking questions. They do this hoping for an answer that will shift the blame from their client or downplay the severity of the injury. They may make an offer right away and try to convince you that it is the best they can do, when in actuality it is a fraction of the true value of the case. Insurance companies are masters of confusion.
Personal injury cases can be extremely complex. They require extensive investigation of every aspect leading up to the accident as well as the details of the accident. Medical providers and experts must be consulted along with law enforcement if involved. In some cases accident reconstruction experts are required.
A qualified and experienced personal injury attorney will know the true value of your case based on the long term costs of medical bills, rehabilitation, lost income as well as pain and suffering. The attorney is will be skilled in monetary negotiation with attorneys and insurance companies who try to undervalue the case. An experienced personal injury attorney is paramount to the outcome of every case where serious injury is involved.
Some key benefits of hiring an experienced personal injury attorney include:
· Legal knowledge: The education and experience of your lawyer will be invaluable to your personal injury claim. You lawyer will be able to assess your case in detail to make it favorable to you.
· Investigation of your claim: Some cases are simple and straightforward, but most are not. Your lawyer will investigate the facts of your case and prove your claims against all responsible parties. Your lawyer will work closely with law enforcement and accident reconstruction specialists and gather evidence through the discovery process.
· Determining whom to sue: It may seem obvious who is responsible for your injuries but there may be others at least partially responsible. Failure to include all responsible parties in your suit can reduce to amount of your award substantially. Adding all responsible parties in complex cases can be challenging.
· Determining the true value of your case: The value of your case is determined by your lawyers familiarity with the highest awards handed down in other recent cases similar to yours. He will research the finding of other courts to find comparable cases if necessary.
· Navigating a complex legal system: Complicated claims can include months of negotiation and discovery. Your lawyer will know the exact documents to file and include the specific wording to assert valid claims. The years of training and experience has enabled your lawyer to handle the many steps in personal injury lawsuits.
· The resources to front the cost of your case: Your attorney will have the resources to cover all the high costs of litigation until the final outcome of your case. These may include medical experts, investigators, reconstruction specialists as well as the time the lawyer and staff spent on the case.
· Negotiation experience: The result of your case will often depend on the negotiation tactics and the ability to prove losses. Your lawyer will be skilled in the negotiation process with insurance companies and other attorneys, recovering the settlement you deserve.
· Courtroom experience: There are some personal injury attorneys who have never set foot in a courtroom. They prefer to take the fast settlement and move on to the next case. Your attorney should place your best interest first and be willing to take the case right through to the courts if necessary to maximize your compensation. Your attorney should know how to stand up and successfully argue your case in front of a judge and jury. The lawyer will use your traumatic experience to extract the greatest empathy from the jury
· Experience with other attorneys: If your lawsuit is against an insurance company, a trucking company, an auto manufacturer or other large entity, powerful law firms will likely represent them with aggressive attorneys. You need an attorney on your side that is willing to fight vehemently, regardless of the opposition. Your lawyer will stand up against the other parties attorneys
· Higher settlement or award: The fact is that people with attorneys almost always receive substantially higher settlements and jury awards. Your lawyer will help you attain the highest possible compensation for your claim.
Finding the best, experienced personal injury attorney to represent you in your case is critical. There are many settlement mills that advertise on TV or other places, which will take your case and try to convince you to accept what sounds like a fair offer. The true value of your case could be ten times that amount when you add up a lifetime of reduced income, rehabilitation and special needs. Then there is pain and suffering, diminished quality of life and possible loss of consortium.
You need an experienced personal injury law firm on your side like Vititoe Law Group. Our lawyers have the skill and tenacity to fight for your case right through to the courtroom, if necessary, to recover the award that you deserve. Vititoe Law Group has successfully represented countless personal injury cases recovering the highest amounts of compensation possible. Call today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney for a free evaluation of your case. If you or your loved one was injured by the negligence of another party, do not settle for any lawyer. Call Vititoe Law Group at 818-851-1886. No Recovery – No Fee