Have you received an injury at the negligence of somebody else? If so, it is likely you have considered hiring a personal injury lawyer. Vititoe Law Group is a group of experienced Westlake Village personal injury lawyers. Additionally, we are here as an excellent resource. If you are looking for answers to common questions about lawyers and the law process.
There is no specific guideline or deadline to when you have to hire a personal injury lawyer. But, it is essential to consider hiring a lawyer early on. You do not want to go without a lawyer during any part of the process and you can sometimes hire a lawyer on a contingency basis.
When a Personal Injury Lawyer is Needed
After you have been injured in an accident one of the first things you will probably consider doing it contacting the insurance company of the person you think is at fault. Although it is not required to have a lawyer when discussing your accident with insurance companies, it is advised. California Law is made up of complicated rules and processes that can be confusing to those that are not experienced lawyers, like the Westlake Village personal injury lawyers at Vititoe Law Group.
Do You Need A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Even if you have been in a 5-10 MPH collision you could have received damage to your back, neck or spine. Regardless of how simple you think your case is, you should always contact a personal injury lawyer. In most cases, there is no charge to you if the lawyer doesn’t recover any money, so there is no risk to you in talking to a lawyer as soon as possible.
If any of these situations apply to you, you will want to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer.
1. Broken bones from either a car accident or another type of accident such as a slip and fall.
2. Someone died in an accident
3. Medical treatment. Especially medical treatment that is costing you a lot of money.
4. Missing more than a couple days work, school, or normal activities
5. Injuries outside of physical injury. Such as emotional trauma, PTSD, loss of companionship, etc.
6. There is dispute over whose fault the accident was
7. Multiple people were harmed in the accident
8. The accident took place in a construction zone or other questionable area
9. The paperwork does not look accurate (police report, insurance communications)
10. Details are complicated (technical, legal, medical)
11. Insurance is not being fair or respectful of you.
Dealing With Insurance Companies
There is no law saying that you can not contact an insurance claim and file a claim without a lawyer. But hiring a lawyer is advised when dealing with insurance companies. Insurance companies want you to believe they are your friend. They claim they are looking out for your best interest, but that is not the case. They are highly experienced in getting you the least amount of money for your claim. But you want, and deserve the most amount of money for your personal injury claim. That is why it is optimal to have a personal injury lawyer to represent you in these insurance negotiations. You never want to do anything on your own other than report the fact that you had an accident.
OVER $1 BILLION RECOVERED IN PERSONAL INJURY CASES
Vititoe Law Group is made up of extremely knowledgeable and experienced Westlake Village personal injury lawyers. With our experience and resources we will get you the compensation you deserve. We are a nationally recognized Westlake Village law firm. Contact us today for a free consultation.