Experienced Assistance With Defective Drug Cases
Proving that a manufacturer of a drug supplement is responsible for a defective product can be complicated and expensive. Vititoe Law Group, utilizes personnel and experts who have specialized knowledge concerning the design and manufacture of defective drugs and supplements. To research whether a drug or supplement is defective takes a thorough review of thousands of pages of documentation and may require our talented legal teams to prevail through multiple court proceedings.
For more information, call Vititoe Law Group at 818-991-8900.
Dangerous or defective drugs can cause many life-altering physical side effects for users. Some of the dangerous drugs listed below have caused serious symptoms such as blindness, heart failure, birth defects, stroke, memory loss, kidney failure, muscle cell damage, liver dysfunction and even death. These symptoms are lethal, and can severely impact a person’s standard way of life.
- Actos: A popular diabetes medication, Actos has been linked to bladder cancer in some users.
- Avandia: Avandia is an antidiabetes drug that has been associated with a wide range of cardiopulmonary issues.
- Byetta: Patients taking Byetta may be at greater risk of developing pancreatitis, a serious medical condition.
- Fentanyl: Fentanyl pain patches have been found to be addictive in large dosages, and come with a wide range of serious side effects.
- Fosamax: Fosamax is used to treat osteoporosis, but it has been associated with a number of serious side effects.
- Levaquin: Intended to treat serious infections, the injection Levaquin has been linked to liver damage.
- Lipitor: Lipitor is a popular medication for those suffering from high cholesterol. Unfortunately, it may also increase users’ risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Ortho Evra: The birth control patch Ortho Evra has been reported to cause heart attacks and other life-threatening cardiopulmonary events.
- Pradaxa: Pradaxa is an anticoagulant. Unfortunately, there is no way to counter the drug’s effect, which can lead to complications during a medical emergency.
- Reglan: The acid reflux drug Reglan has been linked to the development of tardive dyskinesia.
- SSRIs: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are a class of antidepressants that include Prozac and Zoloft. Mothers taking SSRIs have seen an increased incidence of birth defects in their children.
- Topamax: Topamax is commonly used to prevent seizures among those suffering from epilepsy. It has been reported to increase the occurrence of birth defects in children.
- Tylenol: A popular painkiller, Tylenol has been linked to liver damage and other serious side effects.
- Vioxx: Prescribed for arthritis, Vioxx may increase your risk for a number of serious cardiovascular events, including heart attack and stroke.
- Yaz: The birth control pill Yaz has been accused of increasing women’s risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Androgel: Androgel is a popular testosterone supplement. It can cause serious health complications, especially in cases of secondary exposure.
- Bextra: Bextra, a prescription pain reliever, has been connected to a range of health issues, including increased risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Celebrex: Used by millions to relieve arthritic pain, Celebrex is associated with a wide range of side effects and negative health outcomes.
If you are injured by a defective drug or supplement, save the product, all parts and instructions that come with it, including the box it came in. This information may be vital to proving your case.
Contact Our Lawyers
Our success in pharmaceutical and medical device litigation comes from our thorough understanding of our clients’ particular medical histories, weighed against the manufacturers’ legal obligations for testing, warnings and labels.
Please contact our office today at 818-991-8900 to discuss your case with a skilled drug injury attorney.